Good Samaritan Shelter: Ephrata
At Good Samaritan Shelter: Ephrata we strive to provide
residents with the feeling of a safe, warm,
and welcoming home. After acceptance into
the program, a Service Plan will be
created. By developing a Service Plan it
helps to provide clarity and focus as to
what your needs and goals are. Good
Samaritan Shelter: Ephrata is committed to serving women and
their children and strives to provide a
safe, diverse and welcoming environment.
Our primary objectives at the Good Samaritan Shelter are to help our residents
find work, save money and move into permanent housing. To accomplish this we
offer 3 core programs: Ready for Work, Building Wealth and Moving Towards
Good Samaritan Shelter: Ephrata provides the following services to its
- Ready for Work covers the following topics: resume writing, interview skills,
effective job searching, how to be a good employee and much more.
- Building Wealth also includes our credit repair program and is an important step
in helping our residents live responsibly. Topics covered include: saving,
investing, insurance and much more.
- Moving Towards Independence covers the following topics: how to understand a
lease, how to be a good tenant, locating affordable housing and much more.
- Referrals for outside social services
- Case management with social worker
- Budget counseling and housing counseling
- Access to legal services (to obtain a protective order against the abuser, file
for child support, etc.)
- Spiritual guidance and the opportunity to participate in a house Bible Study
- Life skills training (parenting, cooking, conflict resolution, anger
- Access to job skills preparation and training and GED completion service
We are a proud member of the Lancaster
County Coalition to End Homelessness. For
more information see